Inventions and Innovations in Aquaponics and Aquaculture Glenn Martinez from Olomana Gardens, Oahu, will be on our campus for a seminar:
Date: Saturday, Nov 18th, 9 am to noon
Location: University of the Nations, 75-5851 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Natural Farm Training Center
For contact for all seminar content inquiries and registration: Click Here
phone - (808) 259-0223
For directions to Univ of the Nations, Natural Farm call local contact Terry Stratton 253 686-2431
Price: $150 per person payable in cash at the gate or by Paypal via the website
Inventions and innovations in aquaponics and aquaculture
Glenn Martinez - International consultant, inventor, educator, and owner of Olomana Gardens on Oahu is offering a rare seminar on the Big Island. Topics will include:
- Burper Pump, portable airlift with no holes in ground.
- Pipe-In-a-Pipe pump, no moving parts, pump 150 to 1200 gallons per hour.
- Tea Maker, how to use a 55-gallon drum and 5-gallon bucket and 25-watt air compressor to make 50 gallons of rich worm/compost tea each day
- How to size the tea maker to your needs from 5 gallons to 250 gallons per day.
- Power failure precautions, how to keep the fish alive with power failures, battery-powered or city water system.
- Unbreakable siphon, used on aquariums, steel tanks, or concrete tanks. Starts and stops itself with pre-determined water levels. No moving parts!
- Aeration via “opposing forces” Dragon tail piping.
- Use of “false bottom” grow beds and bio-filters
- Use of clear water pick-ups,
- The use of “high - low” standpipes for water high-tide, low-tide growing.
- Using “gang” barrels to connect and drain multiple grow beds
- Using the “ air pigtail “ nozzles for high-density VERTICAL grow beds.
- Innovations for video and remote monitoring via cell phone.
We will bring various airlift pumps, aeration devices for “hands-on “ demonstrations.